I love tuna salad, and you would know this if you have read some of my older blog posts because I have already posted a non-Whole30 Asian Tuna Salad recipe. And though it is pretty simple to take almost any tuna salad recipe and make it Whole30 simply by using Whole30 mayo I have decided to write up another, Whole30, recipe because I found this one to be especially delicious.
When I make Tuna Salad I tend to take the “Everything but the kitchen sink” approach because I love a full, flavorful and chunky salad. This means there’s a lot going on, but don’t get overwhelmed by the number of ingredients, if you don’t have all of them don’t worry. However, if you are on Whole30 there’s a good chance most of these items are already in your fridge or pantry.
- 10 oz Albacore tuna, canned
- 3 tbsp Whole30 Mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp Coconut Aminos
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp cilantro, lightly dried
- 2 Scallions, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1/2 cup broccoli carrot slaw
- 1/4 cup craisins, (no sugar added)
- 1/4 cup dry roasted cashews, chopped
- Garnish with fresh cilantro and slices of cucumber (optional)
1. Drain water from tuna cans and add to a large bowl. Add vegetables, craisins and nuts. Stir well.
2. In a small bowl add mayo, coconut amino’s, oil and spices. Stir to combine.
3. Add mayo mixture to tuna mixture. Stir well.
4. Serve with fresh cilantro and slices of cucumber