Cauliflower Rice! If you are on Whole30 you will probably be eating a lot of cauliflower, whether that excites you or not, this Fried “Rice” recipe should! I love pineapple fried rice so I knew I wanted to try my hand at a Whole30 version and it came out great. It made a ton and it was great on its own or as a side. Also my boyfriend loved it, he could not stop talking about it!
Add Chicken or pork for some extra protein or leave out the eggs to make it vegan!
- 1 medium head cauliflower, “riced”
- 4 large eggs
- 3 tsp coconut oil
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 1/2 cups frozen peas and diced carrots, thawed
- 3 tbsp coconut amino’s
- 3/4 cup dry roasted cashews, chopped
- 1 cup diced pineapple
- 1/4 cup shredded unsweetened coconut (plus extra for garnish)
- 2 tbsp sliced scallions for garnish (optional)
- Salt & Pepper to taste
1. Chop cauliflower, then add to food processor and pulse until the cauliflower resembles the size of rice. (Do not over pulse) Set aside.
2. Heat a large non-stick pan over medium heat. Add eggs and cook, scrambled. Adding salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
3. Add coconut oil to pan, heat until melted, about 1 minute. Add onion and garlic, stir until onions are softened, about 3 minutes.
4. Add Cauliflower rice, peas, carrots, coconut amino’s, cashews, salt & pepper to pan. Stirring occasionally, cook until cauliflower is softened slightly, about 5 minutes.
5. Return the cooked scrambled eggs to the pan. Add pineapple and shredded coconut. Stir.
6. Garnish with scallions and shredded coconut.