Hey everyone, here is recipe for a side dish inspired by my love for Mac Salad. This is a great side dish with your meal at home or as a dish to pass for a BBQ or gathering.
This is pretty straight forward. Check out my tip at the bottom of the post for a potential improvement.
- 1 head Cauliflower, chopped
- 8 slices Whole30 Bacon, cooked & chopped
- 1 Avocado, diced
- 8 oz cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 cups Baby Arugula
- 1 cup Whole30 Mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp lightly dried cilantro
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- pinch of cayenne
1. In a large bowl combine Cauliflower, Bacon, Avocado, Tomatoes and Arugula
2. In a medium bowl combine the rest of the ingredients, mayo, vinegar and spices. Stir to combine well.
3. Pour mayo mixture over vegetables and stir to thoroughly coat ingredients.
One tip that I think I might try out for next time is, to soften the cauliflower a tad. For this I would use the pan I cooked the bacon in, pour some of the fat out, leaving about a tbsp left in the pan. Toss the cauliflower in the bacon fat and cook for about 3-5 minutes. I think this might give the cauliflower a softer texture, similar to cooked pasta and also impart some added bacon flavor.